Is this for you?
The toxoplasma blood test looks for antibodies in the blood to indicate the presence of a parasite called Toxoplasma Gondii. Your body will only make antibodies if you have been infected with Toxoplasma Gondii, so the presence, number and type of any antibodies found can confirm the existence of Toxoplasma Gondii in your system, as well as indicating how long you may have had the infection.
While T. Gondii is generally harmless and something that your body will resolve itself over time, this test is generally recommended for pregnant women, as T. Gondii can pass from mother to fetus.
Order Your Toxoplasma Blood Test
Toxoplasma Blood Test = £99
Need help choosing a test?
Use our Test Finder to guide your decision
Why take this test?
You are trying to conceive or you are pregnant and want to see if you have been exposed to the parasite
You have a weakened immune system and have flu-like symptoms
How it works
- Place an order and get your test delivered to your door (delivery is free)
- Take your sample by following the instructions included with the test
- Send your samples (freepost) back to our UK-based, accredited laboratory
- Once your results are received, they will be processed in our laboratory
- One of our doctors will then view your results and prepare a report
- You will receive your report through our online portal in your account
Post your blood sample on the same day as testing to prevent your blood from being heamolysed which will result in re-testing.
Take your test
Receive & take your chosen blood or healthcare test in the comfort of your own home.
Post your sample
Send your sample back to us in the freepost pack to our UK based laboratory.
Get your results
View your results with our Doctor’s advice on your personal online dashboard.